I saw this idea on Pinterest (where else, right?) and had to try it out: Strawberries filled with cheesecake. I’ve made them a few times before and pretty much just make it to taste. It’s a simple and quick recipe. The first time I had them was at a bridal shower and I think I ate all of them. My mom bought strawberries the other day so I made these again and brought them to Skyler’s work. Well, the ones that I didn’t eat on the way there…. Here’s how to make these tasty treats.
- Strawberries, larger work better
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- Wash the strawberries, cut the stem and bottoms off and hull them. If you’ve never hulled strawberries before, use a paring knife and almost scoop out the inside. Look at the pictures if you still need help.
- Using a mixer, whip the cream cheese. Add about 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract and about 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Like I said, I usually make this to taste so if you want it sweeter, add another tablespoon. Beat until creamy.
- Add filling to a piping bag. I used a plastic ziplock style bag and cut the tip off. (A helpful tip: put the bag in a big cup so you can use both hands to scoop filling into the bag). Pipe the filling into the strawberries. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Now try not to eat them all at once!